Protect yourself, your family and your community.
Good money is declared, invested, saved, taxed and spent. It is a choice; not because of its dollar value but because of its deeper values.
Already banking with us?
If any of your information has changed, expired or been updated (e.g. your name, address, income) then walk with valid documents such as valid Passport, Driver’s License, Government ID Card (or Military / Armed Forces ID for foreign clients) OR recent job letter OR 2 most recent pay slips (depending on the update required).
New to Scotiabank?
Here’s what you need to open your first account with us:
Your Identification: Minimum of one valid form:
- Passport, Driver’s License, Government ID Card (OR Military/Armed Forces ID for non-resident
Your Proof of Address:
- Utility Bill (issued within the last 6 months); OR
- Bank Statement from another Financial Institution (issued within the last 6 months); OR
- Hire Purchase Agreement/Statement (issued within the last 6 months); OR
- Most Recent Credit Info – Credit Report; OR
- Guyana Revenue Authority Notice of Assessment (Previous year only); OR
- Contract for Rental Property from Land Lord; OR
- Affidavit from spouses/parents/relatives stating that customer is living with him/her at the relevant address along with spouse/parent/relative proof of address.
Your Proof of Income / Occupation:
- Job Letter OR Last 2 Pay Slips (issued within the last 6 months)
- Self-Employed – Proof of income generation in the business name e.g. Financial statements (issued within the last 6 months)
If you are a foreign client, in addition to the above:
- Your Tax Identification Information (U.S. clients must also provide their Social Security Number)
If you are adding joint parties or signatories:
- Be sure to walk with their documentation as above
Next visit the branch most convenient to you
Complete and sign all documentation
Collect and pin your card
*Additional documents may be required depending on the nature of your application